Virtual Conference Helpful Tips
With our 2020 National Home Performance Conference online for the first time, we want to make sure you have the best experience possible. We’ve put together some helpful tips for making the most of the virtual conference.
The Freestone® Viewer runs using HTML5. In order to use the Freestone® Viewer, we recommend:
- The most recent version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge.
- A broadband network connection with a minimum download speed of 10 mbps and upload speed of 5 mbps. Check your internet speeds at OpenSpeedTest.com.
- The most recent version of your computer’s operating system.
For the best streaming experience, close all other programs and browser tabs/windows. Whenever possible, connect directly to your internet via Ethernet cord instead of Wi-Fi.
Why do I hear an echo?
An echo can occur when you stream the webcast in more than one window or tab at the same time. Check all your open browser windows and tabs for duplications and close any extraneous ones.
Why aren’t the PDF materials loading?
Errors can occur when trying to open large PDF files directly within the browser window. When this happens, we recommend downloading the materials to your computer. To download the PDF materials:
- Right-click on the PDF button and select Save link as (Chrome/Firefox), Save target as (Internet Explorer), or Download Linked File As (Safari) from the menu that appears.
- Choose a location to save the file on your computer.
- The browser should indicate once the file has been downloaded and may provide a link to open the file. If not, navigate to the folder on your computer where the file was downloaded to open.
Why is my video/audio constantly buffering?
Constant buffering often indicates a slow internet connection. Check your internet speeds at OpenSpeedTest.com to see if you meet minimum download speed of 10 mbps and upload speed of 5 mbps. Whenever possible, connect directly to your internet via Ethernet cord instead of Wi-Fi. Close all other programs not being used, including other open browser tabs/windows that may be consuming bandwidth.
If your video freezes:
- Refresh your browser.
- If refreshing the page doesn’t work, close the window and reload the page entirely.
- Use Google Chrome, if possible. This browser will provide you with the best virtual conference experience.
If you need CEUs:
- You can no longer earn CEUs by watching recorded Live Sessions. Once we load the recorded Live Sessions into the BPA Learning Library, you will be able to watch and earn CEUs.